Board logo

標題: 麥通家族收購育馬者盃短途錦標冠軍Thor's Echo [打印本頁]

作者: Kris    時間: 8/1/2007 07:37 AM     標題: 麥通家族收購育馬者盃短途錦標冠軍Thor's Echo

"Happy-sad type of deal" as Echo joins Maktoums

by Nicholas Godfrey

BREEDERS’ CUP Sprint winner Thor’s Echo is the latest high-profile US performer to join the Maktoums after being sold to Sheikh Rashid’s string.

The Dubai Golden Shaheen on World Cup day, March 31, looks the obvious target for the five-year-old, who flattened his rivals with a surprise victory in the Breeders’ Cup at Churchill Downs, where he beat Friendly Island by four lengths.

Thor’s Echo scored again in Grade 1 company next time out for trainer Doug O’Neill in the De Francis Dash at Laurel in November.

California-based owners Pablo Suarez and Royce Jaime told the Blood-Horse that selling the gelding was a “happy-sad type of deal”.  Suarez said: “It’s the right decision and the smart thing to do, the prudent thing to do, for my family and myself, and Royce feels the same way.

“We kept saying, 'No, no, no' to the offers, but it got to the point where we couldn't say no any more,” he added. “I’m going to continue to root for him like there’s no tomorrow,” he added. “We really, really love him and wish him all the best.”

Thor’s Echo joins a list of Maktoum US purchases this winter also including potential top-class three year-olds Minefield and Zade Belle, who have both joined Godolphin.

作者: 列高力    時間: 8/1/2007 07:56 AM

我鍾意件衫 :fff:
作者: Sweety    時間: 8/1/2007 08:56 AM

件衫咁型:eee:
作者: EternitY    時間: 17/1/2007 05:26 PM

馬主係超人番薯?:ccc:

歡迎光臨 賽馬世界 (http://racingworld.no-ip.org/) Powered by Discuz! 5.0.0