Board logo

標題: 美國代表Grand Couturier決定退出日本盃 [打印本頁]

作者: willandgrace    時間: 14/11/2007 09:51 PM     標題: 美國代表Grand Couturier決定退出日本盃

North America’s representation in the Japan Cup (Jpn-G1) has been cut in half with the defection of Sword Dancer Invitational Stakes (G1) winner Grand Couturier (GB).

The Grand Lodge colt was scheduled to leave for Japan last night, but he developed a minor ankle issue, trainer Robert Ribaudo said.

He radiographs clean, but I just felt uncomfortable sending him and not being there myself for probably the next ten days,” Ribaudo said. “We were going to give him the winter off anyway after the Breeders’ Cup, but he just came back so fresh from the Breeders’ Cup because he didn’t do much running, only the last three-eighths of a mile.

“I think we’re better off if we want to see him around next year running as well as he did this year to go ahead and give him the winter.”

Ribaudo said Grand Couturier would spend a few months at a farm in Ocala before rejoining his barn near the end of the Gulfstream Park meeting.

Artiste Royal (GB), who won the Clement L. Hirsch Memorial Turf Championship Stakes (G1) in his most recent start, is the remaining American-based candidate for the Japan Cup.

Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe (Fr-G1) winner Dylan Thomas (Ire) leads a contingent of four European horses under consideration for the 2400m event on November 25 at Tokyo racecourse.

Artiste Royal has already been in Japan for a week. He arrived on November 6 with stablemate Becrux (Ity), who will be the only foreign starter in the $1.9-million Mile Championship on Sunday at Kyoto racecourse. Neil Drysdale trains the duo.

Defending winner Daiwa Major is among the local contenders expected for the Mile Championship.

歡迎光臨 賽馬世界 (http://racingworld.no-ip.org/) Powered by Discuz! 5.0.0