Board logo

標題: Pyro勝出路易斯安那州打比(Louisiana Derby) (Group 2) [打印本頁]

作者: willandgrace    時間: 9/3/2008 09:51 PM     標題: Pyro勝出路易斯安那州打比(Louisiana Derby) (Group 2)

Pyro solidified his status as one of the leading contenders for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (G1) with a convincing three-length win in the $600,000 Louisiana Derby (G2) on Saturday at Fair Grounds.

The Pulpit colt split foes approaching the eighth pole and surged clear as the 4-to-5 favorite to record his second straight graded stakes victory. Pyro entered off a visually impressive two-length victory on February 9 at Fair Grounds in the Risen Star Stakes (G3), in which he rallied from last to first in the stretch.:gggg:

Trained by Steve Asmussen, the Winchell Thoroughbreds homebred increased his graded stakes earnings to $1,020,000, cementing a starting spot in the field for the Kentucky Derby, which is determined by graded earnings if more than 20 three-year-olds are entered.

"These were some very good horses," Asmussen said. "We prepared well. It looks like he’s right on target.”

My Pal Charlie opened a clear lead under Julien Leparoux and controlled the pace through a half-mile in a leisurely :48.07. J Be K, also trained by Asmussen, stalked the pace from second with Blackberry Road well positioned in third and Pyro saving ground under jockey Shaun Bridgmohan in fourth.

J Be K challenged My Pal Charlie leaving the turn while Pyro was forced to wait while bottled up behind horses. Pyro surged through an opening between the two leaders and easily accelerated clear. He completed 1 1/16 miles in 1:44.44 on a track rated as fast to improve to three wins in six career starts.

"I was not panicking with my position at all," Bridgmohan said. "I knew what I had, and he gave it to me. A spot opened for him on the straightaway for home, and he went about his business.”

My Pal Charlie dug in gamely from the inside to hold on for second. California Derby winner Yankee Bravo closed from last in the
nine-horse field to finish another half-length back in third.

Grade 2 winner Tale of Ekati never threatened while finishing sixth in his first start in more than four months. Grade 1 winner Majestic Warrior flattened out in the stretch and faded to seventh.

Pyro is out of the winning Wild Again mare Wild Vision.

[ 本帖最後由 willandgrace 於 9/3/2008 09:54 PM 編輯 ]

歡迎光臨 賽馬世界 (http://racingworld.no-ip.org/) Powered by Discuz! 5.0.0