Board logo

¼ÐÃD: À­­¸ÁɨƦh¤ÇÁɾs°h¥X [¥´¦L¥»­¶]

§@ªÌ: ¤£¤G©P§U    ®É¶¡: 11/5/2008 01:20 PM     ¼ÐÃD: À­­¸ÁɨƦh¤ÇÁɾs°h¥X

BAKING hot sun and drying ground on Saturday somewhat marred Lingfield's most prestigious fixture of the year, with Derby second favourite Curtain Call just one of 13 horses withdrawn on account of the going.

The Oaks Trial was hardest hit, with Listed winner Jazz Jam and the EdDunlop-trained pair of Ever Rigg and Mischief Making withdrawn.

However, while clerk of the course Neil Mackenzie Ross was disappointed, he insisted he had nothing to apologise for.

He said: “We've produced decent, fast Flat racing ground, in accordance with the BHA's general instruction. I'm gutted Curtain Call isn't running, but I'm not going to pander to one horse. I don't think we've done a bad job.?

He added: “We watered straight after racing on Friday, setting off down the straight and round to the ten-furlong start with 5.5mm, and continuing all the way down the back straight, and back round to where the round course meets the straight with a further 3mm.

"There are still bits of good ground on the round course, and although it will ride good to firm it's decent, genuine good to firm Flat racing ground."

Experienced course walker Eddie Fremantle spoke in defence of Mackenzie Ross, saying: "In the circumstances they've done a good job. The back straight for the most part is good, and although the home straight is certainly on the firm side of good to firm, it's not as fast as it was on Friday.?

¤S«Y³õ¦a°ÝÃD....¼Ú¬w°¨¶]­øºD°®§Ö¦a??
§@ªÌ: souphen    ®É¶¡: 11/5/2008 04:09 PM

ÁÉ©u¬y¬yªø  µL¿×Ëݦ­¶]¶Ë°¦°¨

³õ¦a¤Ó°®¦n©ö¶Ë :ddd:

[ ¥»©«³Ì«á¥Ñ souphen ©ó 11/5/2008 04:10 PM ½s¿è ]

Åwªï¥úÁ{ ÁÉ°¨¥@¬É (http://racingworld.no-ip.org/) Powered by Discuz! 5.0.0