Board logo

標題: Raven's Pass 退役,之後就會配種 [打印本頁]

作者: asiadragon    時間: 8/11/2008 11:38 PM     標題: Raven's Pass 退役,之後就會配種

Jimmy Fortune has paid tribute to his old ally Raven's Pass and believes the Breeders' Cup Classic winner had little more he needed to achieve in his career.

The Irish jockey missed out on the glory at Santa Anita but partnered the chestnut for 10 of his 12 career starts including the victory in the Queen Elizabeth II Stakes and the agonising defeats to Henrythenavigator in the Sussex and the St James's Palace Stakes.

Raven's Pass was officially retired today and will stand at his owner Sheikh Mohammed's Kildangan Stud in Ireland next year.

"I had some great days on him, and he did nothing but improve from his first start," said Fortune.

"Things didn't go right in the Guineas and to be fair to Henrythenavigator, he sluiced up at Royal Ascot.

"He used to be very keen but I felt John Gosden did an absolutely fantastic job on him to get him starting to enjoy his racing. If he had been with a lesser trainer, I don't think he would have achieved what he did, as John Gosden is so good with young horses.

"By the Sussex Stakes I felt we could beat Henrythenavigator. We didn't quite, but he kept progressing for the Queen Elizabeth II Stakes and then to the Breeders' Cup.

"We maybe missed a couple of opportunities, but that's what made him the horse he is.

"I still don't think we had seen the best of him but (in terms of his value) it wouldn't really matter what he did as a four-year-old - he could have won six Group Ones - and you have to respect the owner's decision.

"He's the most beautiful stamp of a horse, always sound, and I am sure he will make a great stallion. I'd say he's probably the best colt I have ridden, and we'll just have to keep trying to find another one like him."

Raven's Pass won the Solario Stakes as a two-year-old in the colours of Stonerside Stables and went on to be third in the Dewhurst at Newmarket.

Both he and Stonerside itself were bought by Sheikh Mohammed this year and he carried the silks of the Sheikh's wife Princess Haya Of Jordan to Group and Grade One success.

The son of Elusive Quality retires the winner of nearly £2million, with another Group One victory achieved in the Queen Elizabeth II Stakes and his lowest finishing position in a career yielding six wins from 12 starts, was when fourth in the 2000 Guineas.

Jimmy Hyland, the stud's general manager, said: "It has just been confirmed, and he will start at Kildangan next year.

"We are thrilled and it is exciting news for the stud - we are grateful to Sheikh Mohammed for deciding to send him here. He is a great addition and incentive for Irish breeders."

歡迎光臨 賽馬世界 (http://racingworld.no-ip.org/) Powered by Discuz! 5.0.0