
107 | S |
|
|
| 幸運駿駒 |
| 4 | 雄 | 徐雨石 | 香港 |
| ||||
| I'm sure many of you were concerned to learn about the staff redundancy news announced by a few large companies in Hong Kong recently. Although layoffs are always the simplest and most direct cost-reduction option for a company, I very much agree with what Chief Secretary Henry Tang's comment that employees are important assets in a company and resources to be treasured. At times of economic recession, maintaining the number of jobs is of great importance to the stability of the workforce. As one of the largest employers in Hong Kong, we at the Jockey Club will try our best not to resort to laying off staff, despite the impact of the economic downturn on our turnover that I expect to be worsen in the coming few months. Over the years, the Club has been committed to enhancing the quality of Hong Kong horse racing and elevating it to international standards. This greatly relies on the hard work of the Club's operational team, as well as having quality horses. It's clear that these efforts have borne fruit in recent years, as a number of our top locally-based racehorses have earned global recognition by winning international Group One races either on home turf or overseas. Their successes have strongly boosted the status of Hong Kong racing on the international front, and brought much pride and prestige to Hong Kong. I'm happy to share with you the news that the Club and Hongkong Post are collaborating to launch a "G1 World Champions Stamps" souvenir postal cover next week, to commemorate the achievements of Hong Kong horses on the world stage. The four horses featured will be reigning Horse of the Year Good Ba Ba, former world-leading sprinter Silent Witness, Hong Kong's highest stakes earner Vengeance Of Rain, and Global Sprint Challenge winners Cape of Good Hope. All these four horses have become world champions in one way or another, and I think it's very meaningful to recognise their contribution to local sport in such a special manner. Actually, in places like Europe, Australia and America where horse racing is also very popular, it's not unusual for the postal authorities to issue stamps with a racing theme. I'm delighted that Hongkong Post has given us an opportunity to co-operate in the same way here. I hope all local racing fans and stamp collectors will enjoy acquiring this unique souvenir. While these great champions have already earned their fame and fortune, a new crop of four-year-old elites are now bidding to become the next local racing legend, as they feature in the second leg of our four-year-old classic series – the Mercedes-Benz Hong Kong Derby Trial – at Sha Tin Racecourse tomorrow. This Group 2 event has long been the race that provides connections with the chance to test the stamina and ability of their young runners, and give them a final tune-up before they move on to the Hong Kong Derby – one of our most historic and prestigious races. That's why tomorrow's trial is a race that you really shouldn't miss. I really think this Group 2 race is a smashing race and the expected slow tempo may give us some surprising results. Despite the possible slow pacing, I will be expecting a very exciting competition between Thumbs Up, More Bountiful and Roma Pegasus before the winning post as all of them delivered a great turn of foot in the straight last time in the Mercedes Benz Hong Kong Classic Mile. Other than the trio, Vigor Delight ran an improving race in the Classic Mile and he could be the surprise over the 1800M. Among 10 other races on Sunday's card, I'll also be interested to see how Elite Sixty-Six and Fleet Command perform. Elite Sixty-Six is another fast-improving type from John Moore stable with one winner and one second within his first two runs. Although, this is the first time he runs over 1400M, it will not be too surprising if he can produce another decent performance. Fleet Command ran a promising fourth in the Classic Mile last time and he should have further improvement after his last race. By the way, it's great to learn and I'm eager to share with you the news that Lucky Quality has been selected for the Golden Shaheen in Dubai in late March, and its owner has already accepted Dubai Racing Club's invitation. This is an exciting news and I truly hope this prolific dirt runner can get a decent result at the Nad Al Sheba Racecourse. |
| ||||
| 香港近日裁員之聲此起彼落,相信大部分打工仔聽到這些消息也會很憂心。沒錯,裁員必定是最簡單、最直接削減資源的方法,但我卻認同政務司司長唐英年先生的見解,指員工是公司的重要資產,呼籲大家要珍惜資源。在經濟衰退的大氣候下,維持職位的數目,往往有助於穩定勞動市場。馬會是香港十大僱主之一,儘管經濟逆轉正衝擊投注額,未來幾個月的情況或會更差,但我們會盡力不採取裁員這種非常手段。 過去多年,馬會把香港賽馬提升至國際水平,這項成就除了賽駒的質素提高之外,還有賴馬會的員工團隊,把每一個賽日都辦得出色。我相信馬迷也會記得數匹本地佳駟,近年在香港或海外舉行的國際一級賽事中揚威,為港爭光和提升本港在國際馬壇的地位,充分證明員工多年來所付出的汗水沒有白費。 為了表彰香港賽駒歷來在國際馬壇取得的傑出成就,香港賽馬會與香港郵政署協作,在下星期特別推出一套四款「G1世界名駒」心思心意郵票暨限量版紀念套裝。這四款郵票的主角,包括應屆香港馬王「好爸爸」、前世界草地短途馬王「精英大師」、香港最高獎金紀錄保持者「爪皇凌雨」,以及世界短途挑戰賽冠軍「好望角」。這四匹佳駟先後成為世界級的王者,以這種特別的方式去表揚牠們對本地體壇的貢獻,確實很有意義。 這次以馬王為主題的郵票,在香港實屬首次,但在一些賽馬運動十分盛行的海外地區,諸如歐洲、澳洲,以及美洲,當地郵政亦曾以賽馬為主題,發行紀念郵票。我十分高興香港郵政署今次以這種方式跟我們協作,希望所有本地馬迷及集郵愛好者也會喜愛這四款郵票。 長江後浪推前浪,當大家正在回味四匹佳駟的彪炳戰績之際,一批四歲精英馬已經磨拳擦掌,向著頂級賽駒之路進發。在明天下午,沙田馬場將會上演四歲馬三冠系列的次關賽事Mercedes-Benz香港打�m預賽。 這場二級賽是Mercedes-Benz香港打�m大賽的重要前哨戰,目的是要讓馬主及騎練測試參戰馬匹的水平,亦為賽駒晉身打�m大賽前作最後熱身。打�m大賽是香港最悠久及重要的本地賽事,明天的打�m預賽,大家又怎可以錯過呢? 我個人認為這將是一場相當刺激精彩的賽事,而陣中的步速很可能會偏慢,如是者隨時會出現意想不到的賽果。話雖如此,我認為「自由好」、「再豐裕」及「羅馬」等三匹曾在Mercedes-Benz香港經典一哩賽有好表現的馬匹會有一番惡鬥,事實這三駒於上仗在直路都交出強勁衝刺,今戰終點前當有一番龍爭虎鬥,但不要忘記尚有「喜威寶」,今次跑千八米應會更合發揮,隨時也會給大家驚喜。 其餘的賽事中,我亦會留意「六六精英」和「確叻迅」的演出。「六六精英」是約翰摩亞馬房另一匹持續進步的質新分子,首兩戰已得一冠一亞,今次雖然初跑千四米,但若能再勝我亦不會感到太意外。至於「確叻迅」,上場在經典一哩賽取得第四走勢非常出色,經過該戰今次有望再進一步交出更佳表現。 順帶一提,在泥地賽事至今未嘗敗績的「幸運駿駒」,已經獲選出戰三月底舉行的杜拜金莎軒錦標,而牠的馬主已接納杜拜賽馬會的邀請。這絕對是一件令人振奮的消息,我希望這匹泥地王在詩�灠迅黦|交出好表現。 |
| 歡迎光臨 賽馬世界 (http://racingworld.no-ip.org/) | Powered by Discuz! 5.0.0 |