帖子 65716
港元 11614 萬
存款 0 萬
聲望 3936
閱讀權限 20
註冊 12/5/2006
發表於 5/7/2009 07:01 PM  資料 短消息 
Calvin Borel 失去 Mine That Bird 主戰權,稍後兩場將由 Mike Smith 策騎

Hall of Fame jockey Mike Smith has committed to ride Mine That Bird for at least his next two races, trainer Chip Woolley announced Saturday at Churchill Downs.

Smith will ride Mine That Bird in the $750,000 West Virginia Derby at Mountaineer Park on Aug. 1, then the $1 million Shadwell Travers on Aug. 29. He replaces Calvin Borel, who rode Mine That Bird to win the May 2 Kentucky Derby and also rode the gelding in his last start, which resulted in a third-place finish in the June 6 Belmont Stakes.

Smith has ridden Mine That Bird once, finishing second in the May 16 Preakness behind Rachel Alexandra, who was ridden by Borel. Smith, a native of New Mexico, possibly could be riding the undefeated mare, Zenyatta, in the $5 million Breeders' Cup Classic at Santa Anita on Nov. 7 and therefore could not commit to ride Mine That Bird through that race.

Mark Allen, who co-owns Mine That Bird with Leonard Blach, said earlier this week that he would prefer that a new jockey make a commitment through the BC Classic. Allen said Saturday from New Mexico that he and Blach "are okay with" what has been agreed upon.

"I like Mike too much," said Allen. "He's been on the horse. If I had a shot to ride Zenyatta, I'd do it, too."

Zenyatta, owned by Jerry and Ann Moss and trained by John Shirreffs, also has the option of going in the Nov. 6 Breeders' Cup Ladies' Classic. Clearly the best-case scenario for the Mine That Bird camp in regard to keeping Smith aboard the gelding would be for her connections to opt for the Ladies' Classic.

"Hopefully we won't be in a switch in the Breeders' Cup," Woolley said in a Churchill press release.

Borel is the regular rider for Rachel Alexandra and for the promising 3-year-old colt, Warrior's Reward, a late-running third after stumbling at the start of the Dwyer Stakes on Saturday at Belmont Park.

Mine That Bird is scheduled to have his second workout since the Belmont when breezing Monday morning at Churchill Downs.
頂部
asiadragon
虛擬馬主

「馬場大亨 - 團體賽(勝利數組別)三甲」  
UID 2851
精華 0
積分 113
帖子 65716
港元 11614 萬
存款 0 萬
聲望 3936
閱讀權限 20
註冊 12/5/2006
發表於 1/9/2009 08:24 AM  資料 短消息 
: Calvin Borel will be reunited with Mine That Bird, the horse he partnered to a shock 50-1 Kentucky Derby victory, for his Breeders' Cup Classic campaign.

Borel lost the ride on Mine That Bird when he was unable to commit to riding the gelding for the remainder of the season owing to other commitements.

But trainer Chip Woolley has revealed that Borel will be back on board for Mine That Bird's Breeders' Cup prep in the Goodwood Stakes on October 10 at Santa Anita.

"We're tickled," Woolley told the Daily Racing Form. "Things hadn't worked out where that was a possibility (but) it's a perfect situation for us.

"I think everybody among us is happy to have him back. Hopefully, it'll be the pairing we're looking for."

After a memorable victory at Churchill Downs, Borel opted to ride Rachel Alexandra in the Preakness Stakes before getting the ride back in the Belmont Stakes, where he was criticised for a questionable ride.

Borel lost the ride again when he could not commit to Mine That Bird's connections for the remainder of the season, leaving Mike Smith to take over in a lacklustre third-placed effort in the West Virginia Derby.

Smith, too, was criticised - and he is due to ride Zenyatta in the Classic, leaving the door open for Borel to get back together once more with hisold sparring partner.

Mine That Bird missed Saturday's Travers Stakes after a throat operation but pleased Borel on Monday in a workout at Saratoga.

"I'm happy I'm back on him, and he worked really, really good," Borel said.

又重掌帥印:yyy:
頂部

當前時區 GMT+8, 現在時間是 21/9/2024 11:28 AM

本论坛支付平台由支付宝提供
携手打造安全诚信的交易社区 Powered by Discuz! 5.0.0  © 2001-2006 Comsenz Inc.
Processed in 0.011387 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled
The style designed by e-Fresh WorkTeam

清除 Cookies - 聯繫我們 - RacingWorld - Archiver - WAP