港元 2750 萬
存款 10 萬
聲望 30
閱讀權限 20
註冊 1/1/2006
來自 Around the World
發表於 19/6/2007 10:47 PM  資料 短消息 
Raider Andretti scores in record time

AUSTRALIAN ace Miss Andretti scorched up the Ascot straight to record a fabulous success in the King's Stand Stakes.

The 3-1 favourite was expected to prove hard to beat and she proved the point in emphatic fashion.

She broke the track record by over two seconds and pounced on compatriots Magnus and last year's winner Takeover Target, who finished third and fourth respectively.

The unlucky horse for the second year running was Dandy Man, who appeared to be drawn on the wrong side but ran a cracker to finish a length and three-quarters away in second after racing on his own on the stands side.

Winning trainer Lee Freedman saddled the great Makybe Diva to three wins in the Melbourne Cup but he admitted: "This is an enormous thrill for me."

"I was a bit emotional after the race as it hit me what a great win it was."

"It's a marvellous thing that we can come here and compete. Let's hope we can continue to come and do that."

"It was a massive gamble and I am really pleased it's come off for the owners."

"Craig (Newitt) knows her and that was the main thing in bringing him here to ride. He's got a great record on her. He proved that again today and he knows she's more of a six-furlong mare."
  "Three Melbourne Cups is pretty good, but it is extremely exciting to come here and thank goodness she was good enough to do the job."

Freedman said he would see how the mare was before making a decision on whether she bids for the big sprint double in the Golden Jubilee Stakes on Saturday.

"She'll stay in the paddock for two days and we won't even put a saddle on her. She'll tell us if she wants to run - if she doesn't, she won't," he added.

Trainer Tracey Collins said of DandyMan: "He ran a super race to divide the Aussies as he had to come up on his own. He probably won't line up on Saturday (in the Golden Jubilee) and I think he will go to the July Cup."

Aussie handler Peter Moody said of Magnus: "He just found it all abit fresh today. We'll take him home and see how he pulls up."

"We won't make a decision for Saturday until 8am on Saturday morning. He's not here to make up the numbers and he could stay on for races like the July Cup and the Nunthorpe later in the season."

Jay Ford, rider of Takeover Target said: "No excuses. Twelve months on he's a bit older and six furlongs should work out better on Saturday."

頂部
S.WEEK
版主

UID 2148
精華 3
積分 2153
帖子 37270
港元 129 萬
存款 10 萬
聲望 25
閱讀權限 100
註冊 31/12/2005
發表於 19/6/2007 10:50 PM  資料 文集 短消息 
頂部

當前時區 GMT+8, 現在時間是 21/9/2024 03:38 PM

本论坛支付平台由支付宝提供
携手打造安全诚信的交易社区 Powered by Discuz! 5.0.0  © 2001-2006 Comsenz Inc.
Processed in 0.016437 second(s), 8 queries , Gzip enabled
The style designed by e-Fresh WorkTeam

清除 Cookies - 聯繫我們 - RacingWorld - Archiver - WAP