存款 10 萬
聲望 0
閱讀權限 20
註冊 2/1/2006
發表於 1/4/2007 07:33 PM  資料 短消息 
Sporting Life : Sir Percy決定返英備戰Royal Ascot

ASCOT ON PERCY AGENDA

By Anita Chambers, PA Sport

Sir Percy is set to drop back in trip at Royal Ascot after finishing a creditable fourth on his seasonal reappearance in Dubai.

Trainer Marcus Tregoning is eyeing a tilt at the 10-furlong Prince Of Wales's Stakes with last year's Vodafone Derby hero after his run in the Dubai Sheema Classic.

Sir Percy was only beaten a length and three-quarters behind winner Vengeance Of Rain at Nad Al Sheba on what was his first run since disappointing in Newmarket's Champion Stakes last October.

Tregoning said: "He's taken the race fine. He's come out of it OK but it was a very rough race in the early stages and he has got a few cuts.

"It's nothing too serious though and we live to fight another day.

"He ran very well and we were not beaten too far but obviously we were disappointed not to have won - at least he is back though.

"I haven't seen a replay of the race but the early pace looked slow to me and maybe he did get a bit tired as he had not raced since last October."

Sir Percy also finished second to George Washington in the 2000 Guineas last year but has been limited to just one start since his Epsom triumph.

Although he failed to figure on his first try at a mile and a quarter in the Champion Stakes, Tregoning hopes a likely strong pace will bring out the best in Sir Percy.

"I think we may well aim for the Prince Of Wales's Stakes at Royal Ascot now," added the Lambourn handler.

"He will be dropping back in trip but I think there will be more pace and that might suit him.

"He will be in all the big races over the year and we will just see how it goes."

頂部

當前時區 GMT+8, 現在時間是 21/9/2024 03:36 PM

本论坛支付平台由支付宝提供
携手打造安全诚信的交易社区 Powered by Discuz! 5.0.0  © 2001-2006 Comsenz Inc.
Processed in 0.011886 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled
The style designed by e-Fresh WorkTeam

清除 Cookies - 聯繫我們 - RacingWorld - Archiver - WAP