存款 10 萬
聲望 30
閱讀權限 20
註冊 1/1/2006
來自 Around the World
發表於 22/4/2007 09:32 AM  資料 短消息 
二千堅尼快訊:Major Cadeaux昨日勝出Greenham Stakes,輕勝Dutch Act 3 1/2馬位

Major upheaval in Guineas betting after Dutch Art defeat

A WEEK may be a long time in politics, but at this time of year it can seem an eternity in racing.

On Monday, Teofilo dominated the 2,000 Guineas betting at around 11-10, with viable alternatives were few and farbetween.

His position however is now threatened not only by Thursday's easy Craven Stakes winner Adagio but also by Saturday's runaway Greenham winner Major Cadeaux, who was every bit as impressive, albeit under a contrasting ride.

After making all and quickening away in the final furlong to win the Lanes End sponsored trial by three and a half lengths from odds-on Dutch Art, there was plenty of interest in Major Cadeaux at revised odds of just 7-1. He had been at least twice the price before the race but is now as short as 5-1 in places.

On the other hand Peter Chapple-Hyam's Middle Park winner Dutch Art, who was as short as 4-1 in the morning, can now be backed at around 12-1, even though the trainer was far from deflated.

Major Cadeaux had evidently been working the house down at Herridge, and he also enjoyed the benefit of a trip to Kempton with the Abernant winner Asset. Despite having been off the track since returning jarred up following his Coventry Stakes second he carriedplenty of confidence, stablemate Sonny Red's Craven second after a similar lay-off no doubt having given added encouragement.

Richard Hughes, beaten narrowly earlier on stablemate Indian Ink in the Fred Darling, enthused: “I just sat on him - I was a passenger.”

Crucially, Hughes was encouraged that Major Cadeaux would stay the extra furlong of the Guineas.

Although the ground remains a bit of a concern - he is a very big colt and Hannon said he “hoped to God he comes home all right“ - a fourth 2,000 Guineas for the stable following those of Mon Fils, Don't Forget Me and Tirol is no forlorn hope.

Hannon said that his son, Richard junior, may have been getting a bit carried away when he said that he “had no doubt Major Cadeaux is the best horse we have had at our place for a good few years”, but the comment still gives a measure of the regard in which the colt is held.  
As for Dutch Art, the Guineas dream is far from over, even though he did not convince as a miler.

Peter Chapple-Hyam, whose 1992 Guineas winner Rodrigo de Triano was only fourth in the Greenham, said: “They've turned it into a complete sprint, which didn't suit my horse. We'll turn up in two weeks' time with a different colt on our hands.

“Two weeks is along time in a horse's life. I'm not taking anything away from the winner, who is a very good horse, but he got the run of the race. Jimmy (Fortune) said he got tired and will come on for the run.”

Experts on Dutch Art:

James Willoughby, chief correspondent
“It is never wise to write off a horse on the basis of its reappearance but this has to go down as a bitterly disappointing return from the high-class two-year-old.

“Physically, he seems to have thickened rather than grownand looked something of a forlorn sight as the much scopier winner quickened away from him. It would be extremely surprising it he could figure prominently in what is a very strong 2,000 Guineas.”

Grahan Dench, chief analyst

“It's easy to forget that a trial is just that, and only Peter Chapple-Hyam knows how much there is left to work on, but I have to say I was disappointed. As a Middle Park winner Dutch Art should arguably have been as well suited by a sprint finish as Major Cadeaux, andwhile it's true the winner had the run of the race Dutch Art was losing ground on him throughout the final furlong. I like the colt and hope Chapple-Hyam is right when he says we will see a different horse in two weeks' time, but he has yet to convince me as a prospective miler.”

Paul Kealy, betting editor

“I wouldn't be in a rush to dismiss Dutch Art, if only because we knew Peter Chapple-Hyam didn't want to run the horse and said he wasn't fit - and his Rodrigo De Triano was beaten even further in this back in 1992. I don't believe it was a non-staying performance because the pace wasn't great. We are still in the dark and there are more obvious contenders now, but don't be surprised if Dutch Art is a good deal shorter on the day than his new exchange price of 18.”

[ 本帖最後由 Running 於 22/4/2007 09:35 AM 編輯 ]

頂部

當前時區 GMT+8, 現在時間是 21/9/2024 03:44 PM

本论坛支付平台由支付宝提供
携手打造安全诚信的交易社区 Powered by Discuz! 5.0.0  © 2001-2006 Comsenz Inc.
Processed in 0.012200 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled
The style designed by e-Fresh WorkTeam

清除 Cookies - 聯繫我們 - RacingWorld - Archiver - WAP