帖子 37270
港元 129 萬
存款 10 萬
聲望 25
閱讀權限 100
註冊 31/12/2005
發表於 4/4/2008 09:05 AM  資料 文集 短消息 
Princess Coup VS Sirmione 第四回合

New Zealand Group One winner Princess Coup makes her Sydney debut in the Ranvet Stakes at Canterbury on Saturday and while she finds herself racing in unfamiliar territory she knows one of her main rivals, Sirmione, all too well.

The Bart Cummings-trained Sirmione relegated Princess Coup to runner-up in both of his Melbourne Group One wins this season, including last start in the Australian Cup (2000m) on March 8 when Mark Walker's mare was blocked for a run before getting out late.

A start earlier Princess Coup got the better of Sirmione in the Group Two St George Stakes (1800m) at Caulfield to reverse their Group One Mackinnon Stakes (2000m) placings in November.

Walker said he was disappointed Princess Coup didn't get clear running in the Australian Cup but said Sirmione, who won by 3-3/4 lengths, was a deserved winner.

"That's racing and good luck to the winner but I certainly wouldn't like to see her get trapped on the fence on Saturday," Walker said.

"She's done very well since and I have no doubt she'll be very competitive in this race, she's certainly ready for it after that soft last run."

The Sydney way of going will not pose any problems for Princess Coup with the mare having plenty of experience travelling right-handed including her second to Veloce Bella at Ellerslie in the Group Two Eight Carat (1600m) two years ago.

"She can handle both ways and while the tight Canterbury track is not ideal for her she's drawn midfield (barrier five) and with only 10 in the race I can't see the track giving her any problems," Walker said.

Walker is expecting weight-for-age star Desert War, who is defending his Ranvet crown, to set the race up for Princess Coup in the 1900m feature.

"Desert War will ensure there is plenty of speed in the race so I've got no concerns about the tempo of the race being run to suit my horse," Walker said.

The four-year-old will press on to the Group One The BMW (2400m) at Rosehill on April 19.

"Saturday will give us a great guide for the rest of the campaign but at this stage she's spot-on for the BMW," Walker said.

"Hopefully we'll see her get out and have a crack at them (on Saturday) and if she does she'll be very hard to beat."

Last year's Coolmore Classic (1500m) winner Tuesday Joy is the TAB Sportsbet $3 fixed odds favourite for the Ranvet Stakes with Princess Coup the second elect at $3.50 and Sirmione next in the market at $3.70.

Multiple Group One winner Desert War is at $7.50.
頂部

當前時區 GMT+8, 現在時間是 19/5/2024 07:35 AM

本论坛支付平台由支付宝提供
携手打造安全诚信的交易社区 Powered by Discuz! 5.0.0  © 2001-2006 Comsenz Inc.
Processed in 0.009775 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled
The style designed by e-Fresh WorkTeam

清除 Cookies - 聯繫我們 - RacingWorld - Archiver - WAP