帖子 65716
港元 11614 萬
存款 0 萬
聲望 3936
閱讀權限 20
註冊 12/5/2006
發表於 9/5/2009 10:04 AM  資料 短消息 
Calvin Borel 選騎 Rachel Alexandra

Stonestreet Stables and partner Harold T. McCormick announced May 8 that Calvin Borel has agreed to ride Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) winner Rachel Alexandra for the current racing season. Also, Stonestreet said it plans to run the filly in the May 16 Preakness Stakes (gr. I).

In making the decision, Borel selected the filly over Mine That Bird, whom he rode to an upset victory in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I). Mine That Bird is also being pointed toward the Preakness.

“It came down to the facts that he (Borel) knows and loves this horse, that he knows how to get the most from her, and he knows how to win,’’ said Jess Jackson of Stonestreet Stables and proprietor of Kendall-Jackson Wine Estates. “They were an amazing team at the Kentucky Oaks—winning by over 20 lengths. We think this is a perfect match of rider and horse.’’

Jackson said Rachel Alexandra will continue her workout schedule under trainer Steve Asmussen.

“If she continues to be in perfect condition, our intention will be to run her in the Preakness,” Jackson said, adding that the final decision would be made next week.
頂部

當前時區 GMT+8, 現在時間是 21/9/2024 11:21 AM

本论坛支付平台由支付宝提供
携手打造安全诚信的交易社区 Powered by Discuz! 5.0.0  © 2001-2006 Comsenz Inc.
Processed in 0.010006 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled
The style designed by e-Fresh WorkTeam

清除 Cookies - 聯繫我們 - RacingWorld - Archiver - WAP